Are you looking for an excellent way to start your day? This incredible hearty breakfast skillet is packed with flavor so that you can start your morning off on the right foot! Get the full recipe below!
This recipe is adapted from one found on LodgeCastIron.com
- 2 lbs. sausage
- 2 lbs. frozen hash brown potatoes
- 8 eggs
- 2 c. cheese, grated
- Build a strong fire and heat up 24 coals.
- Place a Duct Oven over the coals. Once hot, add the sausage and cooked until browned, being sure to crumble it as it cooks.
- Carefully remove the sausage and place on a paper towel to drain. Leave the remaining oil in the pan.
- Dump in the hash browns and cook until lightly browned.
- Spread the potatoes on the bottom of the Dutch oven and top with the sausage.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs with 1/4 cup of water and pour over the sausage.
- Sprinkle with cheese and top with the lid.
- Set 8 coals under the oven and 16 on top of the lid and allow to cook for 20-25 minutes.
- Check that the eggs are cooked through, and then serve with a side of toast!
Tip: Layer in broccoli with the other ingredients to make this meal extra delicious!
Contact us today to take home the perfect RV for your family! We’ll help you find all the amenities you need to feel at home no matter where the road takes you!